April 19, 2012

Happy Birthday...A Little Late

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful week. It's been a little hectic in my nook of the woods as school is nearing an end for the semester. On top of all the craziness going on with school I am also preparing for a trip to Italy at the end of June to present my research at a conference! I am super excited but have so much to do before I leave.

Enough about me and on to what you came here for, My Thoughts Exactly Design Team Thursday! Today I have a fun birthday card I made for my brother whose birthday was on Sunday...I have yet to mail it >.< I'm a bad little sister :) So brother, don't read any farther! You'll be getting your card soon I promise!

I used the sketch this week over at Card Patterns, #161 and this card by Lenae of Sugar Gem as inspiration.

Here is the Card Patterns sketch:


I used stamps from the new Mini Thoughts set. Seriously if you haven't picked up your April release stamps yet you NEED to get on that ASAP, they are a must have for everyone!

The rocking airplane paper clip is from Amy Tangerine, I'm a nut for airplanes (really anything that flies) if you couldn't tell by my blog title :) I used patterned paper from October Afternoon's Rocket Age collection (my new favorite besides EP's Springtime) and We R Memory Keepers. The black ink is charcoal chalkboard glimmer mist. I used a paint brush to drip the glimmer mist all over the card and then held the card up to let excess ink run, I thought it looked like spilled oil. I also grunged up the gear and bolt with distress ink in various brown tones.
It's an easel card and on the inside is one of Lenae's skinny slider files!
And there is a fun little birthday greeting behind the slider. I used white embossing powder to make the sentiment pop against the bright blue. Ok one last look before I send you off to the My Thoughts Exactly Blog for more inspiration.

Well I hope you enjoyed my card today. Now, head over to the My Thoughts Exactly Blog and check out all the other design team inspiration.

Happy crafting!
Jessica

7 comments:

  1. This turned out so cool. I have the hardest time doing masculine cards and you totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this card! DH is a pilot and he would go nuts over it! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing! I love all the details you've put into it!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!!! Just love the inside. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. love the way you hid your sentiment, I'll keep that in mind !Thanks for joining us at CardPatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica i adore this card from the colours,gear,bolt and the ink and distressing..looove!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this card! Especially the rust elements! :-D

    ReplyDelete