April 3, 2014

You Had Me At Woof

Well hello there again! Today I have the last card from my marathon craft day, phew that was a lot of cards. As I'm sure you know by now I love my fur babies so I was super excited when Sweet Stamp Shop came out with some doggy stamps, I'm sure you'll get sick of seeing them before I ever get sick of using them :) I'm using the Doggy Dog, You Had Me At, and Speech Bubbles sets today. I saw this adorable card by Chrissy Larson on the Sweet Stamp Shop Blog one day and just had put my spin on it.


I kept the layout of the card very similar, and the little heart eye patch on the pup that stayed for sure!


We know a pup that has an adorable patch over one of his eyes so I had his owners in mind when I made this card, his patch is dark so I went with grey ink for it. I used some patterned paper from DCWV's Pet Stack to make my 3"x4" card. Both the pup and the speech bubble are cut out and popped up on foam dots. I'm also linking this up to the Simon Says Monday Challenge: ATG. Until next time happy crafting!

Jessica

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely whimsical and clever card! I liked how you were inspired by the sketch, but still made this card your own. The sentiment is perfect and made me smile! I also really liked the look of the different letters, words and fonts. The red around the speech bubble makes the "Woof" stand out perfectly and I think it was very clever of you to combine a strong patterned background with a white card. I really enjoyed this card and am so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete