August 3, 2011

I need a favor!

So I don't normally ask you do to anything for me but I have a tiny task that I'd love for each of you to complete. My wonderful and amazingly talented fellow design team member over at My Thoughts Exactly, Jennifer, is in the final round of Gallery Idol. All I'm asking is for you to please go vote for her here, her work is amazing and she is totally deserving of the prize! Jennifer is a music teacher for 1st-5th grade students, a profession I have the utmost respect for.

As an ode to Jennifer, I thought I would share a project I made inspired by one of her entries into the competition, you can find it here on her blog. So here is my attempt at a 'puffy' card...I used the cupcake from the Sweet Nothings collection from Lettering Delights.
I sewed around the edges of the cupcake to hold in the stuffing and added a few zig-zags to the wrapper to give it some dimension. BTW I need to work on my sewing, I see it's not very straight...oh well. Here you can see the puffiness of the cupcake's icing. Isn't it cute? I just knew I had to try this when I saw Jennifer's card.
On the inside I added a little sentiment on vellum and some bling. The sentiment...it's from the newly released My Thoughts Exactly Sweet Thoughts stamp set.
Here's closer look at the sentiment, a phrase that was not on the list of 50+ possibilities I might add. This set has so many options you won't want to miss out!
The voting is really easy, all you to do is go here and click on save vote. You will need an account but one can easily be created if you are already on facebook. If not the registration process is still very quick. You have until 12pm (MDT) Thursday August 4, I know Jennifer will appreciate any votes you give her. Thank you in advance for voting and if you have some time stop by Jennifer's blog and leave her some love. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, you are so sweet! My eyes are actually tearing up....and just I love your puffy card. Your sewing is wonderful, and anytime I sew lines that aren't perfect, I tell myself it's "whimsical!" hehe. Hope you are having a fabulous week, and thanks for the shout-out on your beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful 3 D effect

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...and the sewing looks just fine to me. So SWEET!

    ReplyDelete