August 23, 2011

Happy Everything!

Hello and happy Tuesday, well almost Wednesday now! I finally finished a card for the CASE Study this week. I say finally because the first three attempts ended up in the trash, yes they were beyond saving! One attempt was actually three combined attempts to save the image but all failed miserable. Anyway one to bigger and cuter things!

This week for CASE Study you had to pick any card you wanted from Chupa's blog, she's the owner. Oh man it was so hard to pick one card to CASE but finally I just clicked on the CASE label, closed my eyes and pointed at the screen...I opened to this beautiful card:
I just love the bold colors and simplicity of the large stamp! Isn't this a great card, I'm almost scared to show you mine...ok here goes.
My sentiment is a little crooked, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the card. I took the pink in Chupa's card for the background and then kept the rest of the colors to blacks and whites. The cone flower stamp and the sentiment stamps are all from Stampin Up. See those little black diamond crystals? They are Swarovski! My mom bought them for me this past weekend and I just couldn't wait to use them. They are hotfix so I used my i-Rock tool on them and they 'melted' like a dream. It's hard to see in the picture but they are so sparkly it's crazy!
I popped the pink background up off the black mat with foam squares and attached it all to a white base. The twine is also new, thanks mom, and from the Twinery!

I hope you have a fantastic week, whether you are sending little ones off to school, starting school yourself, or it's just a normal week for you.

Happy crafting,

2 comments:

  1. It's a very lovely card, how cool that you reversed the colours on the main panel! Thank you so much for playing this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the twine along the side, and the glitzy crystals

    ReplyDelete